I'm wiring my 4 channel 8 parallel LM4780 boards... check my wiring :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Namely I need help in making sure I'm doing just 3 things correct... I have the BrianGT boards

I have all the resistors for output matching etc etc

3 questions.... any thing helpful would be great

1. The OG from each board (in pairs of 2 paralleled per channel) is the Output ground so I assume I parallel these to the - terminal of the output banana jacks?

2. The AC1 and AC2 one has a line over it the other doesn't... I'm assuming the line over it means neutral correct?

MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION:

3. I have a transformer with dual primaries and secondaries... I understand perfectly that the dual secondaries are split to each board etc (one for the AC1 other for the AC2) ... but with dual primaries to I need to hook both primaries to the 115V AC? or will just one suffice? they can both be on the same AC jack correct?

thanks in advance :)

I'll post pics of this in a few hrs

maf_au said:
This might help. Have a look about P17

http://www.chipamp.com/nigc_kit-users_guide.pdf

Michael

I've read that... about 20 times... they don't ever go into the line over the AC.. cause on the other boards it actually says H and N (hot and neutral)

also it talks nothing about dual primaries and how to wire that up properly...

thanks though

Hmm.

Well, one thing you could do would be to connect one of the primaries and see what the secondary voltages look like.

I would think that you need to connect both primaries though, but I'm no expert. What does the transformer datasheet say?

Personally, I wouldn't tinker with it until you know the facts, mains voltage is dangerous...

maf_au said:
Hmm.

Well, one thing you could do would be to connect one of the primaries and see what the secondary voltages look like.

I would think that you need to connect both primaries though, but I'm no expert. What does the transformer datasheet say?

Personally, I wouldn't tinker with it until you know the facts, mains voltage is dangerous...

I don't have a xfrmr sheet... there's just a diagram of the wiring

I'm assuming both need to be hooked up

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.