Altec-Lansing ACS-340/ACS-295 Questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
have come across a pair of ACS-340 Subwoofers and a pair of ACS-295 Satellite speakers. The Woofers have an 8-pin mini-DIN input receptacles and the Satellites have 7-pin mini-DIN plugs. Anyone have a schematic for either the ACS-295 or the ACS-340 systems?

I would like to "marry" the 295's satellites to BOTH '340 subs for a TRUE stereo subwoofer setup. In my humble opinion, bass is not as non-directional as some would have us audiophiles and DIYers believe.

FYI, the ACS-340's specs are as follows:

Satellites: 13W for both channels (I assume this is 6.5W/Ch)
Mono Sub: 27W total (Probably 13W x 2 channels.

I do not have specs for the '295 satellites.

I have to assume that even these systems have rudimentary active crossovers, and if they do, then I maybe I can take advantage of "retro-fitting" them for some reasonably good performance.

I have tried to contact Altec, but they do NOT release schematics.

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and '73,

Steve

Altec Lansing ACS340 ACS-340

Here's the schematics for the Altec Lansing ACS340 9-pin connector if you ever need it.

Attachments

• AltecLansingAC340Schematic.jpg
    AltecLansingAC340Schematic.jpg
    307.3 KB · Views: 681
Please ignore the earlier schematics. This latest one should be the corrected version.

have come across a pair of ACS-340 Subwoofers and a pair of ACS-295 Satellite speakers. The Woofers have an 8-pin mini-DIN input receptacles and the Satellites have 7-pin mini-DIN plugs. Anyone have a schematic for either the ACS-295 or the ACS-340 systems?

I would like to "marry" the 295's satellites to BOTH '340 subs for a TRUE stereo subwoofer setup. In my humble opinion, bass is not as non-directional as some would have us audiophiles and DIYers believe.

FYI, the ACS-340's specs are as follows:

Satellites: 13W for both channels (I assume this is 6.5W/Ch)
Mono Sub: 27W total (Probably 13W x 2 channels.

I do not have specs for the '295 satellites.

I have to assume that even these systems have rudimentary active crossovers, and if they do, then I maybe I can take advantage of "retro-fitting" them for some reasonably good performance.

I have tried to contact Altec, but they do NOT release schematics.

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and '73,

Steve

Attachments

• AltecLansingAC340Schematic.jpg
    AltecLansingAC340Schematic.jpg
    306.1 KB · Views: 1,595
Altec-Lansing-ACS340 Subwoofer Stand-Alone

Hi Folks,

New here, joined when I found this thread in a Google search for wiring diagrams for the 9 pin control cable for the AL ACS340.

Good data here but not enough to do what i wanted- Use the powered subwoofer as a stand alone X.1 to other music systems in my home.

After some experimentation and the most recent diagram from MaxChew (thanks) I have had success...

These powered subwoofers can be had dirt cheap on auction sites without its power supply and the 2 satellite speakers.

Using MaxChew's latest color coded diagram (PCB bottom view) here's what worked for me :

-Connect Green and Yellow (voltage power and return) together (or roll your own switch mounted on the cabinet or to the volume pot if it has an on/off function)
- Connect Grey and White to each other (satellite speaker outputs) and connect to Blue (subwoofer)
- Connect Orange to wiper (middle) of 25 K audio taper pot (I used a 10K audio taper and it works fine), right side of pot to Black (ground), the other side of pot to Purple (basss/treble return)

That's it, no need for bass and treble for just the subwoofer and be gentle with the volume pot -its easy to overdrive it.

Hope this helps out anybody looking to do this mod on these easy and cheap to find powered subwoofers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.