NOOB! Thinking of building a 4 ch 3875 amp - questions..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

Just a bit of background. My electronics knowledge is limited to having built passive crossovers and replacing frazzled components so forgive me if these are really silly questions please.

I want to build a 4 ch amp to drive a set of bi-wireable speakers I'm building (8 Ohm or thereabouts) so the 3875 kit from madaboutsound.com looks like a good bet because all I have to do is soldering and case it up which I won't have a problem with.

I want to use 2 dual mono kits with 2 seperate transformers in a 2U 19" rackmount case.

My questions are...

Can I use a single set of inputs and connect them to the imputs of both amp kits or do I have to have 2 sets of inputs?

If I do have to have 2 sets of inputs, is there anywhere that does a pre-amp kit with dual pre-outs? Just a basic one with 5 inputs and no phono stage will be fine.

Sorry again if thse are really silly questions.

Hiya D,

WOW!!!

Nice job :)

That looks fab.

That's a lot more complex than what I was planning, I like the idea of adding speaker protection - it there a kit speaker protection module kit available? If I tried to build one from a diagram it would probably end up receiving radio 1 or something instead ;)

Nice, Q

Hey Q,
Glad u liked my amp. If you visit here you will find a speaker protection kit, actually you should be able to find plenty to suit your needs. As the site is here in Australia, the postage might be a bit expensive with the exchange rate and such.
Might be worth looking into, see how ya go.

Cheers

Dazza:D

Cheers Nuuk,

I have looked at that site and a few others over the last few weeks, I didn't really understand much of them though :D

I promise I have tried to answer my questions myself, like I say, I'm new to all this I'm afraid.

Anyway, I think I have all the info I need to lob something together now albeit merely assembled from kits. :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.