chip amp for commercial and what about design?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2005
Dear friends,
I wanna use the chipamp for small commercial purpose and what I need to know is that the carlos is it patented? or is it a general suggestion? and at the same time are there anyguys who can give some small design which is highly stable ( i mean power supply and the amp schematic). I am not that much expert in this. Please help me...

Disabled Account
Joined 2005
hi carlosfm thanks alot ... well but I have a doubt... can two LM3886 chips are enough to driver heavy subwoofer with massive magnets like>>>>>
12 inch 200RMS dual magnets stacked ... each about 155mm and 25mm thickness.. what I have heard is that it needs about min continuous current of about 8amps to drive the subwoofer. Can two LM3886 chips can they driver this sub very easily?( I mean what is the continuous current capability of each LM3886 ... I am asking you this because this continuous current limit is not given in the datasheets.. so how many chips I have to add in parallel to get about 8 amps continuous at the output?

The answer for the above question will finialize my design please man help me in this coz I am a newbie..and I ve searched alot but couldnt find the solution. I dont have any other option man. what ever I have to do I have to workout with LM3886.

Tell me your opinion. Did u try to use this LM3886 amp to power a massive sub?

awaiting for your reply ...
cheers,
deepsonic

Yeah, thats pretty cool of you Carlos. Although, I think most of the PSU design elements you have shown here are pretty much standard fair for audio power supply design, just you were the first to try it out on a gainclone and present schematics with specific component values and your results (which suprised a lot of people who thought that the ultra-minimalistic way was always the right way with a gainclone).

-steve

Disabled Account
Joined 2005
so carlos finally what do u say regarding the practically measured continuous current output for each LM3886 chip?

Im making a parallel 2 chip amp and i will test the sub.... thank u....but i need the continuous rating of each chip ...man.. please help me regarding this...

best regards,
deep sonic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.