TDA7293 amplifier alive - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th July 2005, 02:43 PM   #1
Banned

Default TDA7293 amplifier alive

Hello all!

I have now built a test amplifier around the TDA7293 chip and it seems to work. Im gonna buy boards for two paralell mono amplifiers with these IC:s and run the sub. IŽll upload pics of this test as soon as i have installed the ftp proggy.
Old 27th July 2005, 08:53 PM   #2
Banned

Heres some pics of the testing of one of these IC:s

TDA7293 in testing
Old 27th July 2005, 09:16 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to ThSpeakerDude88
nice. Isn't it amazing how small stuff like this has gotten since the first tube amp was built? I have a 50 watt stereo amp that fits in my portable cd player case for gosh sakes. lol.

dude thats humongal tranny you got there! what in the world is it off of?

btw, are those el84's or kt88's laying beside it?
Old 28th July 2005, 03:50 AM   #4
tmblack is offline tmblack  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Nice and compact layout.

How does it sound compared to other chip amps?

What rectifier are you using?

Tom
Old 28th July 2005, 08:40 AM   #5
Banned

The transformer is from a yamaha home cinema receiver and is about 425VA, the rectifier is from a computer power supply.

The amp (just a test to see if it works) works very good with subs so i gonna boy two boards for two paralell mono amps to drive the subs drivers.

The tubes laying around there is 6L6GC:s
Old 28th July 2005, 05:41 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Nice! geez, what was the wattage on that yamaha?!
Old 28th July 2005, 06:01 PM   #7
Banned

3x45 and 2x20-25 watts according to yamaha. It was a RX-V592.
Old 28th July 2005, 10:42 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

ahh. That musta been when electronics were electronics. Nice big transformers and tons of heat producing darlingtons! I love my fishers solid design, its built like a rock. I blew a channel the other day, popped it open and replaced the fuse and was good to go. Can't abuse modern stuff like that anymore!
Old 28th July 2005, 11:00 PM   #9
DcibeL is offline DcibeL  Canada
diyAudio Member

The RX-V592 is from 1998 so it's not that old, only 1 year older than my NAD T770 which is a beast. You can still get loads of quality electronics today that is built to be able to take a beating, but you have to pay for it. Take a look at Bryston amps, they are rediculously expensive, but worth every penny if you can afford it.

Sorry to get off topic here, that is a decent looking amp you have there. I would have layed the components out on a perfboard personally for something quick like that, but that's just me. I'm happy to see that the 4 working TDA7293s that are left from my Logitech Z-560 computer speakers can be put to some good use one day.
Old 29th July 2005, 02:43 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Power and Dynamic Range:
Total power output: 400 watts RMS
- Satellite speaker power output: 212 watts RMS (53w + 53w + 53w + 53w)
- Subwoofer power output: 188 watts RMS
System frequency response 35Hz - 20kHz
Signal To Noise Ratio: 100dB
Maximum SPL (Sound Pressure Level): 114dB

wow! I wonder, is that the chip they use in the new z5500's? *wants that system very badly*

the chip says 100w @10% THD so maybe that RMS rating isnt too off. Still, the z680's say 53 watts RMS per sat @ 10% THD.. Im so confused. I hate cheap ratings

off topic: yeah I know theres a lot out there thats sturdy, but your right it has a price. My fisher was probably pretty expensive in its day, but then again it was a consumer stereo system, not something hi-fi. I will say though that unless your pumping a ton of bass into it that thing will still peak out at 120 watts a channel( on the meter at least) with no distortion, even though its RMS rating is 100 watts per....@ less than 0.09% THD- LOVE IT! I've even used it as a mains amp in our band running my Marantz's- its very very loud lol. nice, cheap (like..free cuz it had 2 transistors that came loose on the first stage (old solder I guess) when I got it) and powerful.

Hide this!Advertise here!