Has anyone compared the Chip amps against Class T amps?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi!
I went from cheap trannie amp to valve amp to chip amp to 41hz AMP3. The AMP3 is by far the best one so far - much more detail and clarity, without any harshness. The only minor drawback so far (still experimenting, with no 'special' components and without a proper PSU yet) is a slight lack of bottom-end bass (or maybe it is just accurate, and not 'overblown' ?).
Just my tuppence-worth! :)
Jim

Beelzebub said:
Hi!
I went from cheap trannie amp to valve amp to chip amp to 41hz AMP3. The AMP3 is by far the best one so far - much more detail and clarity, without any harshness. The only minor drawback so far (still experimenting, with no 'special' components and without a proper PSU yet) is a slight lack of bottom-end bass (or maybe it is just accurate, and not 'overblown' ?).
Just my tuppence-worth! :)
Jim

Did your chip amp have a good PSU?

Large VA trannie, high-current bridge, large smoothing caps (30,000uf) with bypass caps (200uf) and smaller caps close to the pins (10uf and 0.1uf). Everything in the PSU was well over-specced, so regulation and current handling should be no problem. I didn't go for a regulator chip, as I wanted to keep it simple.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.