completed chipamp pre

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here is my latest preamp with headphone amp.

Pics to follow.

Attachments

• fbpre1.jpg
    fbpre1.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 6,003
DcibeL said:
Looks good. Is this the board that you plan to offer as a group buy in the future? I am still contemplating whether I should build your design or Nuuk's JFET buffer preamp. It's a thinker I tell you.

Yes, i plan to produc both the YardBird and the FreeBird designs. And I can tell you they drive GCs very well.
:nod: :up:

I have tested it now with inverting/non-inverting and Mauro's Ref design. :)

I am quite pleased with the outcome.... but please feel free to build one yourself and be the judge.

I will send a FreeBird and a pair of YardBirds to the first Member in the US or Canada who commits to build them in the next couple of weeks to evaluate.

Cheers!
Russ

Russ White said:
I really do not want to exclude those outside of the US or Canada, so I guess if it costs me less then a couple of bucks to ship anywhere is OK. :)

Hey Russ, I'd do it, but I couldn't promise it for at least a month, I've got a BrianGT LM4780 and Mauro to build first... I'm thinking preamps, but holding off while I learn how things tick, and catch up on what I've already started...

For a standard preamp, I'd just need something like your freebird, a decent pot and input selector switches?

Michael

I'd do it, but I am waiting at least 2 weeks to have all the nessisary parts here. Plus the only thing I have to compare it with is my current reciever, a big NAD T770 5.1 deal.

I am building Mauro's amp, but with not having any other preamp to connect to this amp, I really wouldn't be able to say if it's better or worse than any of the other preamp options.

tobias_svensk said:
Hello Russ! Man! you must be the top poster of the last couple of months :)

Nice work Russ, it must feel nice to have build it all by yourself (and not like myself wich seems to go backwards :))

But one warning, to much computertime can get you to read things sdrawkcab

:D

That's too funny Tobias. :) I can't believe I did that.

Of course it is a opa627. :D

maf_au said:

Hey Russ, I'd do it, but I couldn't promise it for at least a month, I've got a BrianGT LM4780 and Mauro to build first... I'm thinking preamps, but holding off while I learn how things tick, and catch up on what I've already started...

For a standard preamp, I'd just need something like your freebird, a decent pot and input selector switches?

Michael

Yep, that would work fine.

A simple rotary type switch for selector works fine. Nuuk has a great how-to on his site.

Ok, So you get the boards. I will send them sometime early next week. Just email me your address again if you would.

Cheers!
Russ

DcibeL said:
I'd do it, but I am waiting at least 2 weeks to have all the nessisary parts here. Plus the only thing I have to compare it with is my current reciever, a big NAD T770 5.1 deal.

I am building Mauro's amp, but with not having any other preamp to connect to this amp, I really wouldn't be able to say if it's better or worse than any of the other preamp options.

DcibeL, I am in a generous mood, ;) So I will send you a FreeBird/PS too. Please send email your address and it will be on its way.

I know you will not have anything to compare it to, but you need to start someplace. :D

Now, off to etch and drill....

Cheers!
Russ

Russ White said:

Yep, that would work fine.

A simple rotary type switch for selector works fine. Nuuk has a great how-to on his site.

Ok, So you get the boards. I will send them sometime early next week. Just email me your address again if you would.

Cheers!
Russ

Thanks Russ!

I think I'll just run the pot for this one. I'll drop you an email about component values, I might as well get all the parts for the Mauro and this together.

Michael

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.