voltage drop

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
your calculations all look good to me :)

your amp will lose the current that your fan draws. in this case it will lose 160mA. so its like your power supply is now 780mA. if your amp never needs to draw more than 780mA, you shouldnt notice a difference, if it needs to, then yes, you amp will be robbed of power.

If you're using a power supply from a printer then you're not using a linear powre supply like most everyone on this board, but instead you're using a switching power supply. And my guess on top of that is a not so great switching power supply. Printers don't need super clean power so I bet that power supply is gonna add dirty sound to your amp and your amp won't end up sounding all that great.

If you want to use a switcher you might be able to, but I know these gainclones are very sensitive to how the power supply is built, so you will need to watch out on what you choose.

Also, to supress the EMI and EMF produced by DC brushless fans I imagine you could use a voltage regulator which would soak it up.

Here's an idea for ya

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

For C1, use at least a 50V capacitor
For C2, use at least a 20V capacitor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.