"El Guapo" my silly TA8251AH project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have no particular reason for building this amp other that I have about 10 of these chips I picked up in a lot I baught off ebay.

I need some help from those who might understand the datasheet better than I.

I have never seen this chip before, and I am a little puzzled by the mute and stby pins, and how to implement them. I also could use some advice on the output part (zobel values and such).

Here is the datasheet:
toshiba datasheet

And here is my design so far:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

slackman said:
Mute control:
Pin 25 of chip must be pulled up with a resistor (5...10 k) to positive voltage. Then with a transistor you have to switch pin 25 as shown in page 5 of the datasheet. If the transistor gets active high on its base he will mute the circuit.

Michael

Ok, I am not sure I understand how that works, but If I want it never to be muted, can I simply put a 10K resistor between VCC and pin 25? Also, do I need to do anything with pins 1(SMOOTHING) and 10(RIP).

slackman said:
Standby control:

same as mute but reversed: pin 2 has to be pulled DOWN with a resistor and if pin 2 gets high, amp will go into standby (page 3 of datasheet)

Michael
Are you sure about that? I read it as it needs to be pulled up for "on" and down for "off/stby" , so if I had it connect to gnd the amp is in stby and if it is connected to V+ it is on.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.