My Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here's my Amp i just finished.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I have to paint the sub (obviously ). I have 4X50 Watt modules, each running a speaker, and the sub is the good old ETI480 running a 4 ohm load.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I was getting a mad noise through the whole system, so i put the sub amp in it's own enclosure with a control kit i got here
A close up of the left channel.

Here you can see the speaker protector and soft start module.
If anyone wants to know more you can email me, but i'm no expert.

Cheers

Dazza.:D

As you may have guessed i did not design any of this, having said that, i think i did a good job, worked first go and never blew the crap out of it.
Some feedback would have been nice, but i guess if you have nothing nice to say, as they say, then say nothing.

Cheers

Dazza

Thanks for your kind words. I have been having some trouble with image hosting, so here is a pic i finally got in. The power supplies.

Toroidal transformer has 2 X 30V and 2 X 15 V secondaries.
Yes i can remember where the wires go, besides i have a rough schematic, so it pretty str8 forward.

Cheers

Dazza

I am not sure what you mean by "all that for a couple 3886's"?
If you have a good look you'll see 4 , and they are actually 3876's
I got the pcb's from the
manufacturer
I actually b4st4rd1sed an existing design from siliconchip magazine, (put that in a search and the website will come up), and adapted it to my needs.
Inputs for the sub are only LEFT and RIGHT. All controlled with main module housed in subwoofer box

Hey Munkee,
Thanks for the kind words, you're embarrasing me.....I was hoping for a good look, as i am a metalworker, so it would be pretty sad not to have a decent case to house it all.
My kids,( who are my biggest fans, and prolly the only ones ) suggested to put a clear window in the side and some coloured lights to show it off, and i scoffed at the idea, now i think i might do it after all.
Gee, i went a bit off track, yes it is just a hobby, and cant imagine anybody who would pay for that much time. I guess, even at $10/ hr, you would be getting into some serious dough depending on what was involved in each particular set-up.

Cheers

Dazza:D

Hi Munkee,
I will endeavour to help you as much as i can. You will notice the display module at the front and i dont have a schematic i can post here, tho i could take a pic and see how it comes out. I do however have some component overlay pics you can sus out.
Display

Speaker Protector

The amp modules are from Dick Smith. I had a crossover but got rid of it and bought sub controller instead.
This layout is a close representation of how it all went together.

Main difference is i have 2 left and 2 right modules.
I tried taking a pic, but couldn't get rid of the glare and was a bit fuzzy to be of any use.

Cheers

Dazza:D

You can buy siliconchip in the newsagent, and in most issues is a form to send in to get back issues, this is what i did for the parts i built as they wanted $750 for the amp kit......way to pricey IMHO.
The back issues have the schematics. RCS makes the boards.
I used the mags for the info on the components used. Once u have the component overlay, the rest is str8 forward.
You can add me to messenger if you like, might be easier to answer q's.

Cheers

Dazza
:D

That would be awesome, is there a PM thing on here to send your email addy?
Unfortunately, being a student (that's my excuse anyway) I tend not to have much money...ever. So I probably won't be building anything too soon (I still have to build my computer case as well).
But oh well, all in good time. I can at least -plan- it :D
Cheers mate,
--Nathan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.