Using DC instead of Ac for some control circuitry - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st July 2005, 02:13 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Using DC instead of Ac for some control circuitry

Hi ,

I was wondering if any onw could help me, i had built a Nuuk buffered passive pre-amp. The unit has got a remote control board in it for the inputs (relays) and the motor Pot. The board gets its power from a single external 12v AC wall wort. The actual remote board has a recifer a Cap and then a regulator. It was wondering if it would be possible to try replacing the AC supply with a DC one. Would it matter for if i used a 12V DC one instead or would i need a higher voltage. I was thinking that no matter which way around the DC was plugged in the Rectifer bridge should allow only the Dc to pass through the right way.

It would just be for an experiment to see if it cut down on the slight hum thta i am getting from the preamp now.

Any comments greatfully recieved. I know i could bypass the diode bridge and put my dc in there but for a quick test i was wonering if this would work.
Fil
Old 1st July 2005, 04:12 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

No-one?
Old 1st July 2005, 04:18 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

It would help if you could describe in detail what are the requirements of the circuit. If you are planning to use DC , connect the DC after the rectifier. The regulator will see a voltage drop of 2V across and so the input voltage should be +2V than output.
Old 2nd July 2005, 03:53 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

OK at the moment the Diode has a single 12ac winding going into it. After recfitcation what does that work out as? I know if it was a dual secondary going into it you get 1.42 times the input but is that hte same for a single secondary? Also if i loose 2 volt then maybe i should put a 15 dc input into it.

Might have a got with the 15 volts input later

Fil

Hide this!Advertise here!