buffer noise

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nuuk said:
Thanks for those Sheldon. For my part I will be sticking with the NE555 circuit as it is tried and tested. The 555 is as cheap as two transistors and if I use a resistor instead of the trimmer, there's almost no difference in cost. ;)

And a fine solutions that is. These are just a few options depending on what's in the parts box.

Sheldon

ZZZZ on amps

WRT the ZZZZ I get from mains, using two rectif.s and capping them, as per Dejan V article at TNT and carlosfm unregulated psu (minus all the snubber networks) worked beyond expectations... the ZZZZ is much reduced, additionally - different frequency zzzz is now coming from woofer and full-mid (same model driver just different frequencies) and obviously tweeter... which leads me to think the regulated psu for active filter in pre-amp, is not so clean... I have bad mains! So I am going to use two rectifiers per psu, cap them and listen how it goes...

Give feedback later

Resistors are used as controlling devices to control the rate at which output buffer transistors are turned OFF and ON to control transient noise. In one form the output buffer circuit comprises a NOR circuit having a first input coupled to a data input and a second input to an enable input, a NAND circuit having a first input coupled to the data input and a second input coupled to an enable input, a first inverter transistor pair having gates coupled to the output of the NOR circuit and having source-drain paths in series coupled to a reference

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.