Gainclone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I had a box and six transformers without knowing that to make. Because well I made this amplifier of six channels.

A greeting.

Angel

Attachments

• p6230036_1.jpg
    p6230036_1.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 1,389
Hello Ruus White,

After listening this gainclone, given not me the results that I waited. My references are these two amplifiers made by my:

Alehp 3
Ongaku 211

I will carry out but you prove putting a passive preamplificador, I will already comment you.

Attachments

• aleph3_12.jpg
    aleph3_12.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 898
Hi angel,
I'm a firm believer in a good buffer for the gainclone, and use an old fashioned chip too, the LF353, for the exact same reason we chose the 3875 - it has an almost identical topology, and almost identical response, just significantly lower dissipation.

Tried the burr brown efforts - nice but very HiFi, and Nuuks buffer is a treat.

As to the why this should work better than a TVC - I cannot give a solid explanation (I am not an EE by trade), but I feel that there are some input resistance variations (that are offest by capacitance to give a net input impedance), that take good old current to solve, and more than a TVC/Passive can muster.

However, the buffer needs only to have unity gain, and you'll add around 9 parts or so to the signal path (one way or another) - still a very low parts count, and it'll cost little to try.

Have fun

Owen

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.