Zobel & DC Offset?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I understand the protection benefit for using the zobel network but is there a negative impact sonically from using it?

Not sure why but now one side of my amp now has a signifanctly larger DC offset than the other (but both are still in the acceptable range). Is there something that could have caused this?

thanks.

I understand the protection benefit for using the zobel network but is there a negative impact sonically from using it?

IMHO it is not audible. :)

Not sure why but now one side of my amp now has a signifanctly larger DC offset than the other (but both are still in the acceptable range). Is there something that could have caused this?

It's variation in the chips. If they both give low(ish) DC offset there is no need to worry unless you are obsessed with figures. In which case do support your local shrink! :D

heheee... not that worried. they were perfectly matched when i first got it running. just wanted to make sure I wasn't headed for a melt-down

That's odd but I would say it's more odd to find a perfectly matched pair! If you are sure that your measurements have been correct, you could always measure again in say a week to see if things are really changing but I would doubt that they are! ;)

needlz said:
The network is for frequency compensatiopn of the output stage. If you have problems with stability due to long speaker cables and/or difficult speaker this filter may do the trick. Although it's a resistive load at high frequencies it IS a compensation, hard to realize that.

Those parts work in the MHz range.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.