My First GC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The GC is based on the BrianGT Rev 2 boards. The pre uses Nuuk's discrete buffer modified to send it's output to ground until the circuit is fully powered -- that buffer makes a nasty pop. It also has built in a NOS DAC, a USB -> S/PDIF converter as well as a hagtech bugle. As you might guess from all the wires, there is a slight hum in the pre that I have not managed to track down. There is a project page at http://www.ecp.cc/NIGC.html that has links to larger versions of the pics, and may have some info one of these days.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

mod_evil said:
OH MY GOD! Your design of the case is very good! In the frist image is a pre-amp?

Thanks. This was my first attempt at using both a table saw and a drill press. The first image is the pre and power amps sitting next to each other.

Nuuk said:
you have just beaten me to that job. Which circuit did you use? :)

I used this simple circuit designed by amb at head-fi:

preamp_muting_delay.png

(link to a discussion about it) It reduces the thump, but does not remove it completely. I tend to consider it as a safety measure in case I accidentally turn on the pre while the power amp is on, but I still try not to do this.

Amb has since produced a more refined version.

-d

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.