STR-DE975 center channel problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all, I have had an intermittent problem with my center channel on my sony reciever since about a year ago. I am a sony authorized servicer so i have the schematic. I don't have much audio experience, mostly video so i am fishing for help here. the center channel uses a STK-350-230 as a mono amp for the signal, where it gets split into 2 halves of a waveform and sent to a booster (MN2488+MP1620) circuit.
The problem i have is during loud passages (in the vocal range only i hae noticed) it sounds like it may be getting full saturation and full cutoff, like a harmonic buzz. I totally thought it was my speaker because it was a crap speaker. but now with new speakers it still does it. any help is appreciated, i may be able to send you a page from the service manual to help nless you got it already.

thnx, mike

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.