Chipamp.com pcb with linkwitz 3875 design - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th June 2005, 05:39 AM   #1
akunec is offline akunec  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default Chipamp.com pcb with linkwitz 3875 design

I'm building a gainclone for tweeters and mids using the design shown here: http://www.linkwitzlab.com/images/graphics/3886amp.gif . For Ci, I'm gonna use a 4.7uf cap, but im having difficulty installing it on this chip: http://www.chipamp.com/lm3875.shtml. The problem is that signal ground is connected to both the 20kohm input to ground and the 1k resistor right above Ci. If I put the cap on the signal ground, the cap would be in series with the 1k resistor AND the 20kohm input to ground resistor, which the design does not call for.

How do i solve this problem?

Thanks
Alex
Old 7th June 2005, 08:02 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Why don't you insert one pin of the cap into the ground side of Ri pad, and insert the resistor into the other side. Then solder the two pins that aren't attached to the PCB together?
Old 7th June 2005, 05:41 PM   #3
akunec is offline akunec  Canada
diyAudio Member

The 4.7uF cap is really large. I don't think there would be enough room to do that.
Old 7th June 2005, 07:06 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Well, you could try using a 50v/4.7uF blackgate-N. They're pretty small. They're available inexpensively over at http://www.kyoto-electro.com or any number of other parts suppliers (parts connexion, etc.)

On the plus side, they're usually a heck of a lot cheaper than an "audiophile" metallized Poly or film & foil cap.

Hide this!Advertise here!