p-to-p t-network snubberisierter (snubberized) GC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Photo was taken some minutes after pin 4 broke directly on chip. Please shoot me ...:headbash:

Attachments

• gc_schrott.jpg
    gc_schrott.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 779
Hi SmellOfPoo,

i broke some pins on smaller chips (opamps) and i drilled with these small high-speed machines and a small diamond cutterwheel. With this machines you can cut everythink - just to have take care not to cut too much ... ;)

Years ago i reduced chipdimensions with this method to get electronic devices fitting into a pen (logic analyzer)...

Michael

slackman said:
Hi SmellOfPoo,

i broke some pins on smaller chips (opamps) and i drilled with these small high-speed machines and a small diamond cutterwheel. With this machines you can cut everythink - just to have take care not to cut too much ... ;)

Years ago i reduced chipdimensions with this method to get electronic devices fitting into a pen (logic analyzer)...

Michael

Yesss ! After I found it´s impossible to solder something on the pad without frying the chip I took my Dremel and did it the same way. It´s very easy to do with a grinder and under the iron hard epoxy are at least 2 mm of pins.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.