Which amp to build????

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am going to build a chip amp but cant decide which design to go for. I want something that could drive Sub and full range speakers of various loads.
Electronics theory is not my strong point, but I can build most things with instructions.
SO.
Basically what I want is a well documented, indestructable, proven design that can output in excess of 100w.
:xeye:
ANY recomendations would be welcomed

Cheers

Steve T

Did I say it has to be cheap?;)

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I'm with Nuuk on this... build a simple one 1st. 25-35 W. Then if you need more power build another and bi-amp. Most of the cost is in the power transformer...

In a bi-amp situation 2 25 W amps is approximately equivalent to a 100 W amp (& the system usually sounds better)

There is a general rule of thumb... smaller amps tend to sound better.

dave

Thanks Guys.
I will check out the links and have a good think.
Although this is my first amp, it is not by any means my first electronics project. I dont really want a kit, as I like to make my own boards. but yes I have to agree that starting small is probably the sensible thing to do.
But then again who wants to be sensible?;)

Thanks again.

Steve T

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.