Digitally Controlled Volume, Tone IC ?? - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd June 2005, 09:42 PM   #21
G4ME is offline G4ME  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to G4ME
If you guys are still looking for PIC chips, i have a bunch of 877A's (and other chips, as free samples are well you know free) and will be willing to trade them for code/programer.

Hit me up via email or AIM at Suspectno6
Two little mice fell in a bucket of cream. The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned. The second mouse, wouldn't quit. He struggled so hard that eventually he churned that cream into butter and crawled out.
Old 5th June 2005, 07:50 AM   #22
diyAudio Member

Hi, i have a similar plan and maybe the same problems.

I like to build a digital controlled equalizer and mixer.

This chips from ST semms to fit perfect except to one aspect. It has speaer outputs.
I like to have just a stereo out with line level.
http://www.st.com/stonline/products/...37/TDA7416.pdf

The problem is maybe that i don't know what line level is. I'm more firm in digital than analog wich is more or less voodoo for me.
Is the speaker output a problem if i just want to feed the output signal to a normal stereo Amp?

Well i am at the beginning of my searching for the right parts. Maybe this chip is cmpletely junk. Unfortunately i will not recognize that for my own...
Car audio sounds a bit like low-fi.

National has great chips too. But thy are mostly not digitally controllable whis is essential for me.

Maybe it would make sense to split the whole job to many chips.

Input Mixer, Equalizer (spectrum analyzer would be cool) and volume controll. And if it would usefull a pre-amp.
All has to be digitally controllable.

I would really apologize if anyone has a tip for me.

PS: I want to controll the appliance with this cool 'buttons and sliderders'
http://www.qprox.com/
Old 5th June 2005, 01:36 PM   #23
diyAudio Member

Hello Mx

I will start with code this night.

bye
Old 5th June 2005, 05:07 PM   #24
diyAudio Member

Metal, i can't find the Chips you posted from ST. Are they maybe discontinued?
ST has sone other great things but i don't know how good they are. :-/
Old 5th June 2005, 10:12 PM   #25
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to demogorgon
Metal:

I would be very interested in hearing what you did with the pga's, i have a whole bunch of them, PKS was kind enough to trade me some too..

did you open a thread on the project? i have access to pic16f84's and programmers for a few more weeks, and would very much like to make the best of that time..

btw, nice to see there are more xtreme metal lovers on this forum.
I was beginning to feel a bit lone here.
Old 6th June 2005, 09:27 AM   #26
diyAudio Member

Hi demogorgon

The code for PGA2310 and PIC16F84A is ready to go several weeks ago, it took me 2 weeks to write a really good code, but I have not drawn the schematic yet, cause I finished exams yesterday. In deed the code have to be tested to make sure the timing constraints of the LCD and serial communication with the PGA are fine.

I will postpone the TDA7315 project untill I finish the PGA2310 schematic and PCB design. In parallel I will be working on some I2C stuff, untill I understand it very well.

Hey, for the metal fans www.hdpvids.com lots of videos

Last thing to say, this thread will be dedicated for PGA2310, cause this was the first IC I mentioned in this thread, when every thing is finished, I will start a new thread for TDA7315, me and Mx will work together on TDA7315 as we said earlier, help will be appreciated on TDA7315.

Regards
Old 6th June 2005, 12:43 PM   #27
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to demogorgon
now, i understand you dont code in asm, but rather PICbasic pro.

I only have experience from coding asm, I'v made a pic controlled audio inputselector and some led stuff.
what would you say PICbasic do better than asm?
and would you share the code with me? i guess i would have to take the step of learning picbasic, but there's not really anything negative about that..

and for what's it worth, i can try to help out with the pcb layout, though i'm more comfortable with pen and paper than any cad software.

regards
Marius

DarkThrone - Hate is the Law
Old 6th June 2005, 04:58 PM   #28
diyAudio Member

Hello

I have simulated the code written for PGA2310, and took some screen shots, the shots are in jpeg format, so the colors are not that brilliant.

I will upload the schematic "Hand Drawn" and HEX file which can be programmed directly to the PIC, later on.

Regards
Attached Files
File Type: zip screen shots.zip (74.4 KB, 225 views)
Old 8th June 2005, 12:56 PM   #29
diyAudio Member

Hello

I have drawn the schematic on a piece of paper, I hope its good enough so that intrested people can use it to draw a real schematic and PCB layout.

I wish I had Proteus 6.7 SP3 Professional to draw the scematic, simulate it and draw the PCB, but any owners of proteus would help ??

Enjoy !!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pga2310p schematic.jpg (88.7 KB, 982 views)
Old 8th June 2005, 01:01 PM   #30
diyAudio Member

Hello

Here is the code written for PICBasic Pro compiler, there is an ASM file, don't try to compile it with MPLAB, because it will not work, the ASM file is for compiler usage only.

You can use the compiled HEX file included in the compressed file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip pga2310p code.zip (7.3 KB, 191 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!