Digitally Controlled Volume, Tone IC ?? - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th May 2005, 09:08 PM   #11
G4ME is offline G4ME  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to G4ME
I would be cautious using the DAC on the PIC chips. I haven't used them but for quality i imagine they can't be too great.

the TDA7439 looks really sweet, so many options so many data sheets to much time at work, away from this "hobby"
Two little mice fell in a bucket of cream. The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned. The second mouse, wouldn't quit. He struggled so hard that eventually he churned that cream into butter and crawled out.
Old 27th May 2005, 12:59 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

here is one.

http://www.national.com/ds/LM/LMC1982.pdf

I believe you could control it directly via serial line from PIC and its not an SMD .

unfortunately it is obsolete. so it may be hard to find.
Old 27th May 2005, 05:58 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Hello neutron7

Thanks for thius IC number, the most important thing it is not SMD, by the way, national doesn't send samples to jordan, and this is not available in jordan.

Any one can provide me with some please

G4ME, DACs are good enough, I have used them before, no problems as long as I use PICBasic Pro compiler. TDA7439 is SMD stuff, and I can't use it.

Thanks
Old 28th May 2005, 03:35 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

acually we cant get samples of that chip anywhere, it is discontinued. you will heve to try and find a vendor who still has some, and will ship to jordan.
Old 28th May 2005, 03:41 AM   #15
G4ME is offline G4ME  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to G4ME
if you find a vendor that has them and ships in US i will ship it across the pond to you.
Two little mice fell in a bucket of cream. The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned. The second mouse, wouldn't quit. He struggled so hard that eventually he churned that cream into butter and crawled out.
Old 29th May 2005, 06:46 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Default Outstanding Performance

Hello Guys

Today I have found TDA7212, TDA7213, TDA7215, TDA7218. A friend on msn has directed me to these ICs datasheets. He also told me that TDA1524 is notorious, as its noisy as he has described it.

TDA7215 is incredible, it has volume control, bass & treble control, in addition to loudness control.

It uses I2C communication protocol, which means its easy to control it, and the most important its DIP20.

If any need help now, then you can ask me.

Regards
Old 3rd June 2005, 12:41 PM   #17
Mx is offline Mx  Yugoslavia
diyAudio Member

Hi, i am another Metallica fan with exactly the same problem. I started learning pic's year ago, and i am also using PicBasic since it's easy and fast to make programs with it. I built 5.1 channel amplifier (5x20w+200w for sub,all with TDA chips) almost a year ago, and the only controls that i am using for volume are the one on soundcard (pretty stupid solution). So i decided to built volume control, but for surround system i had to go with digital solutions, although i don't like them in audio world. The only chip that i found at my favorite shop here in Serbia, was TDA7314. It's very cheap and characteristics are pretty good for my aplication. But since I am using PIC16F84a pic's which don't have I2S output I have to go with PIC16F877. I bought that tda7314 for testing, and than i stoped when i realised that i don't have i2s output. But I spent around 200e for amplifier and about 50e on speakers (DIY offcourse), leaving me, for now, without the money for further upgrading.
I hope that you will present to us your solution (PCB + program), so I will have something to motivate me for further spending of money . Good luck with project!
Old 3rd June 2005, 01:04 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Hello Mx

I am struggling with final exams in the university now, so I can't start with this project untill I finish exams, as this is my last semester, offff ... A little patience required.

When I finish, I will certainly start with it, I have the same problem too, I have neither PIC16F877, nor TDA7314, and I have found new programmer that I have to build first, but I will certainly build the programmer and buy the ICs as soon as possible, and start roaming here and there. And I have never used I2C, so some experiments have to take place first.

Of course I will release the PICBasic Pro code, and the compiled HEX files for those people that don't have the compiler. I will put the schematic diagram only, because I don't know how to design PCBs !! Although I have proteus 6.72 Full, Protel DXP 2004, Eagle, and Orcad 10. If some one likes the idea, he/she can support this thread by drawing a PCB for us using Proteus.

For my amplifiers, I will use two STK4191V, one for satellite speakers 2X50W, and the other bridged for subwoofer 120W. As you know Mx, heavy metal requires high power into 8 Ohm speakers, not 4 Ohm "distortion issues", so heavy duty ICs are a must. And don't forget Cradle Of Filth band, while Dani is roaring, the subwoofer will be struggling

Have a nice weekend guys
Old 3rd June 2005, 01:50 PM   #19
Mx is offline Mx  Yugoslavia
diyAudio Member

Heh, again i have the same problem with my time and exams at my electrical engineering university, and i also have to wait summer for all that experimenting. I will use my current programmer for pic16f84a which i am going to expand so i could program 16f877. If we start project at the same time, i hope that we could cooperate and make some killing stuff.
Old 3rd June 2005, 02:17 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

Hi Mx

I will let you know when I start, ok.

bye

Hide this!Advertise here!