It lives! - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th May 2005, 02:51 PM   #1
pjanda1 is offline pjanda1  United States
diyAudio Member

Default It lives!

After many months and $$, my BrianGT 3875 is alive and sounding great nude on my living room floor. I'll put up some pics when I get the chassis closed up. I have some issues to work on first. I'm getting 0mv offset out of one channel (probably a soft number, my meter may not be the best) and 97mv out of the other! I will go through the PS solder joints first. It may have a slight channel imbalance, but its probably the pot tracking. I can hear a faint FM station when the pot is either completely open or closed. When I move it a few degrees, it shuts off as if on a switch. Also, when I turn on a couple of lamps the trafo buzzes (you can only hear it nude and with your ear within a foot or so. Is this normal? It's dead quiet when nothing else is on. Finally, there is a decent amount of bleadthrough from input to input (when I have a source on and turn to another input, you can hear it faintly). Is this normal for the Grayhill switch (just switching +'s)? I'm not really bothered by any of these 'problems' except the offset.

It sounds far better than anything else I've heard in my system already. I know, I probably shouldn't be running it with this DC, but I was too excited and these aren't really expensive drivers.

Thanks everybody for all the help, especially BrianGT for the boards! I wouldn't even know about Gainclones, let alone have on running on my floor were it not for this board.

Paul
Old 21st May 2005, 12:24 AM   #2
G4ME is offline G4ME  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to G4ME
sounds good, i can't wait to see pics. What are you doing for a chassis

tell me more about your selector, where did you get it?
Two little mice fell in a bucket of cream. The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned. The second mouse, wouldn't quit. He struggled so hard that eventually he churned that cream into butter and crawled out.

Hide this!Advertise here!