BrianGT snubber power supply upgrade

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have been enjoying my amp based on Brian's "Legacy"boards with upgraded caps for quite some time now. I received an email from Brian stating he was having a sale and noted the snubber power supply upgrade now offered. I asked him about it and he said that he, and others, thought that it provided a slight improvement in the bass. I figured what the heck and got the kit. My initial observation was somewhat disappointing. I thought I did detect a slight improvement in the bass response but the mid's and highs were veiled. I let it burn in for about 15 hours without really paying any attention to it, then sat down to give it a listen while thinking I might have to go back to the original layout. During the burn in the amp had transformed. The bass was noticeably better and the veil had disappered completely. The top to bottom balance was greatly improved. I would definitely recommend this upgrade. Thanks Brian and Carlos.

Paul Meade

PMeade said:
I let it burn in for about 15 hours without really paying any attention to it, then sat down to give it a listen while thinking I might have to go back to the original layout. During the burn in the amp had transformed.

Caps really need to :hot:-in, don't take any conclusions before two days of continuous playin', minimum.

Glad you like it. :cool:

Caps really need to :hot:-in, don't take any conclusions before two days of continuous playin', minimum.

That's why I only use second hand caps :D :p

I usually let the amp burn during the night. I never trust the first listening.

As I told in other topic, the snubber is like medicine.
It's a low cost implement that can make some difference. Also very easy to add in.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.