Transformer wiring question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey all,

I just got a avel lindberg and was expecting to see a single pair of primary wires but there are two. Do I need to connect the blue & violet to one side of the mains and the grey & brown to the other to get both pairs of secondaries to work? And now that I am wearing my newbie flag at full mast... On the new rev.3 power supply board - black goes to AC1, red goes to AC1|, orange to AC2, and yellow to AC2|?

thanks.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

hey

For the primary connections (side that goes to 120VAC), tie blue/violet together and grey/brown together.

blue/violet would go to the hot wire and the grey/brown to neutral.

As for the secondaries, tie red/orange together so you have a common and then the black and yellow would go to the bridge rectifier.

Hope this helps.

Just to be pedantic, the grey and brown might be best connected to "hot", the blue and violet to neutral. Of course it'll work either way, but it then follows the European colour codes of the transformer manufacturer.

I've seen UK people gasp when they realise that black can be "hot". It used to be neutral in the UK for decades :)

whalefat said:

As for the secondaries, tie red/orange together so you have a common and then the black and yellow would go to the bridge rectifier.

After looking at Carlo's schem I am a little confused now. I see what you are saying about the primaries but the secondaries seem as though they should be wired as I mentioned in my original post.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.