Preamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey, I've tried to make sense of the GC Preamp thread but, no such luck :). I am in need of a preamp having atleast 2 RCA inputs but hopefully more and a quarter inch output and RCA output.

I am hoping to find a PCB and/or kit to do this. I am also doing this as a (hopefully) simplier project before I attempt to build a couple gainclones to practice some soldering.

Thanks!

Well, I can tell you what I did for my first DIY preamp.

I built a small box and put two CMOY type circuits in it both fed from the same 10K stero pot from single pair of RCA input jacks on the rear.

The output of one of the CMOY circuits went to two RCA jacks in the rear, the output of the other went to a 1/8" stereo jack on the front.

This is one of my favorite preamps, simple and it sounds great!! You can really tweak it just by alternating opamps. On one such preamp I ended up using a pair of OPA637s for the power amp output and a pair of AD8610s for the headphones. :up:

Here is a link to the CMOY headphone amp which BTW makes a very good preamp, especially as a beginner project.

CMOY

I can post pictures of a few of my preamps and headphone amps if you would like to see how I did it.

I built mine on simple protoboards (different types) without the use of any PCBs. The circuits are really not that complex, even if you throw in a buffer like the buf634.

Good luck! :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.