TDA2005 M or S?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I bought a TDA 2005 a while ago but the chip doesn't state whether its a Stereo or Mono(Bridge chip) my recipt doesnt either. I assume the S on the line below indicates stereo chip? Online they seem to be referred to as 2 different items. I thought the other number was a manufactuer date code...

TDA2005
(Logo) 88531S

I am intending to use it for 2 channel computer amp(regulated ps) as I already have it.
ST 2005 site link

chip

ya i bought 3 or 4 <20W chip amps a while ago so i could experiment with them, I didnt know much about building them but I probably would have bought different ones now that I have some experience. I wanted to try car amps but there all pretty tiny output (=14V supply limited)

Chip

Well yes i can build it but I was just curious of the 2 versions offered. I guess there sort of interchangable anyhow, it just doesn't make sense to be that there specified in the first place.

The stock amp was rated at "26W" but I dont think i can get a clear 4W out of it any how, it was originally powered by a 9V 900mA adapter:eek: So pretty much anything would be a upgrade and I don't feel like spending alot of $$, sometime ill build a nice amp for the pc.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.