What's the current state of the art chip amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have some parts left, including a transformer, and active filters on the way... so... :)

I was wondering: what is the current state of the art chip amp? what chip, inverting or not, regulated or not, snubberized...
My gainglone is working nicely since nearly 2 years, and I haven't keps myself informed of what has been done in the "chip amp community" since.

Alex

planet10 said:
still my pick would be a development of Joe's VBIGC

dave

Not trying to dis, but why are you so big on that design? I agree that the design is somewhat elegant in that the same rails power chip and tube, but once you cross the line and add a 2nd tranny for the tube, I would think there is so much more you could squeeze out of that tube. I mean, at least add a CCS :)

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
leadbelly said:
Not trying to dis, but why are you so big on that design? I agree that the design is somewhat elegant in that the same rails power chip and tube, but once you cross the line and add a 2nd tranny for the tube, I would think there is so much more you could squeeze out of that tube. I mean, at least add a CCS :)

I did say development of :)

higher rails on the tubes, CCS on the bottom of the follower as a minimum... shunt reg for the tube & regs for the chip amp are also a good idea.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.