Where do you guys buy your heatsink?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What about a briged LM4780?
In that case, a PC heatsink is probably too small. For LM3875 and 3886 they will do. I cant give you advise on bigger heatsinks from the States, maybe someone else can tune in on that? Many have scavenged heatsinks from the junkyard's electronic container, but not all of us are cut for that kind of approach:xeye: Good luck.

Steen.

A bridged LM4780 running full tilt (120 watts) requires a heatsink with C/W of =~ 1.0 . I am running a pair of these -- I used two 12" sinks with 10 fins -- Electronic Surplus in Cleveland carries one which is drilled for several TO3 devices but mine is tapped 6-32 -- i think they cost me about $13 each. the two heat sinks are mounted as a tunnel with a small computer fan blowing around 100 LFM -- pretty quiet.

There is a fellow on EBay who will sell you heatsink stock and cut it by the inch, foot whatever --

Heatsinks

I have been looking for heatsinks for years in the USA, searching the web endlessly. My results have been very bad, you need to go to ebay to get anything of substantial size. The only other reliable option is Conrad heat sinks in Australia.

Of course you could check surplus places but I assume you were referring to new stock. I've had better luck with surplus stores than on-line searching, for what its worth.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.