MY finished LM3886 amps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So here the are, a pair of monoblocks based on BrianGT boards.
Has been great fun making and the sounds from them is superb, well worth the time an effort. So happy everything worked first time on the electronic side though i have had a few issues in the case building department.

Each has its own schannfer filtered IEc input and all signal wiring is Home Grown Audio 22awg solid silver teflon insulated. Basiclly i have done everything i can to make the bits that dont come in the kits as high a quailty as i could.

Anyway net result they sound superb, so glab i found this forum a couple of months ago. Many thanks to everyone who was involved in designed and making available these kits which i guess is Brian, Peter and Carlos.

Anyway very happy now just need to work out my remote controlled passive pre-amp design.

Fil

Attachments

• dscf0024.jpg
    dscf0024.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 1,037
i've heard people comment that they preferred their GC's without that type of filter, some say it restricts the sound. maybe it would be interesting for you to audition without the filter.

i guess this would only hold if you have clean mains, with noisy mains, a filter would be better is my guess.

filholder said:
No idea.

Hadn't heard that but they improved my Nad a lot which is why i design the layout to include then in this setup.

I live in central london so i guess my mains supply would be pretty filthy, like everythign else here!!.

Fil

haha, maybe in that case you need more than a filter...

for my future clone, im just installing smoothing XY-rated caps, no inductors, i think those are responsible for the bottle neck.

whats the amp rating on your filters?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.