LM3886 GC + Behringer + Parallel woofers Q

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I am planning to build Monte Kay's RS Dipoles (http://www.mfk-projects.com/rs_dipole.htm) and I am trying to sort out amplification.

The two midrange drivers are connected in parallel as monte has it. I have already ordered 4 x brian's lm3886 stereo kits. I am going to try the speakers with 1 channel for each tweeter, 1 channel for the pair of midrange's, and 1 channel for each 10" woofer.

The output for each channel will come from the behringer DCX2496, so my question is, how do i connect up the outputs of the DCX to the amps so that i can power each woofer with it's own channel of amplification but from the same output as the other woofer on that channel??

If it turns out that the amps are not powerful enough (i am not really sure) I will buy a cheap pro-amp (alesis RA500 most likely) for the woofers, and use 1 channel of lm3886 power for each of the midranges, so would i connect them in the same fashion? This would probably be ideal as it would present a very easy load to each of the chipamps.

Thanks for your help,

Pete W

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.