my finally finished gain clone (the whole story)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
no pictures as yet but heres the story

i made my clone about a year ago.
it is a complete "breadbord" construction. nearly all the parts i used were borrowed apart from the coils and chips.

being a bit of a hermit i just threw it into my setup being "too lazy" to put any heat sink compound between the chip and sink. this afternoon while my other half was shopping i decided id do it.

an iteresting point to raise because somebody will pick it up. no i did not use mica shims because the sinks are screwed into the 50mm thick wooden base with 10mm screws.

theser things are supposed to be cheap eh :)

newayz its stopped shutting itself off and i cant cook my morning fry up on the top anymore.

moral of the story: always finish the job if your actually going to use it as regually as i do.

and a quick question: ive noted that my gain clone really has to be forced to do low frequencies. is there any particuar reason why it favors the high frequencies. (im using my pc as the source so in effect there is a preamp present)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.