My "audiophile" LM3886 approach

Forgot to mention. Power supply requirements are simply to get a transformer that will give you ~24V secondaries with about 250VA. Go from 200-400VA and you will be fine. I suppose you would be fine with 5kW as well :) but in that 200-400VA range you will find toroids that work well for this project that will be also in a good price range. Might try Antek for less expensive toroids.
Uriah

Mike.. So dual mono for you?

I should add this about shipping:

We will happily ship to any countries under the following conditions:
Registered and insured shipping. No exceptions.
Any type of shipping you would like under those conditions.
You pay for all shipping whether shipping is inside or outside of the USA. This includes any taxes or fees imposed by any country.
We do not know what taxes and fees may be imposed by your, or any other, country and this portion will be up to you.
Uriah

Also, I have been notified that the best size transformers to use if you are going to do one transformer per channel would be 160VA-250VA. So if you read my post of 100-150VA I was wrong.
Uriah

mikesnowdon said:
Cool.

Is there a parts list and/or more details (and pics) of the amp?

What are the PSU requirements?

Mike.

A pic of a finished unit.

Attachments

• mauro and kook.jpg
    mauro and kook.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 1,626
Biggest I have on this PC. The originals are in storage on another PC.

And sorry I attached the first as a thumbnail not the actual photo. :xeye:

It was the a relay input selector board, Kookaboro pre-amp, and Mauro "Rev-C" amp boards.

It worked REALLY well and I was sad to have to sell it. I hope to be able to replace it now.

Attachments

• mauro and kook.jpg
    mauro and kook.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 1,900
Thank you but it was NOT finished. I still had some wire cleanup to do.

The white pwr wires were Silver plated Teflon insulated shielded triax cable, the signal wires from the Kook to the Rev-C were Silver plated Teflon insulated coax, and the input leads were just twisted pair Silver plated Teflon insulated.

Case was Par-metal Series 20.
Transformer was Anatec.. 400VA

Next time I will just make true compact mono-blocks. to be put next to the speakers.