Op amp trouble shooting

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Alright, I'm on my last threads for troubleshooting my attempt at the CMoy amplifier. I decided to build the amplifier first on my breadboard to no avail.

I got little sound, if I got any sound it was clicking and popping, removing the DC blocking parts (cap and resistor) removed this problem. However, I still didn't get sound....whisper quiet sound is good if you want to attenuate, but the idea behind this amplifier was to amplify.

I am still at a loss and am VERY frustrated, I have every piece of electrical test equipment at my very hands. My split power supply is PERFECT, only problem is the op-amp. Even using the op-amp as a Voltage Follower doesn't fix anything.

I've tried using different breadboards yet nothing still. I've bought new batteries 3 times already and still nothing.

Right now, I officially hate op amps.

I can get audio on the -'ve voltage rail, and I'm not even sure how, but there's more audio there than from the output.

TIA

That's the thing, I'm only n00b at op-amps, it's sad really.

Anyway, I'm using one OPA134 right now, amplifying just one channel (left or right, no diff.)

Attachments

• cmoy2_2.gif
    cmoy2_2.gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 165
jez said:
I would try more voltage if I was You. Try 2x pp3 type battery with suitable supply decoupling caps (100Uf or more) to give + & - 9Volts.

The Cmoy works good with a 9v battery. Don't give upgrade tips, before he's got the basics right.

Bose(o): Have you got a digicam, so we can have a look at your Cmoy to see if there's any mistakes? It's amazing what your own eyes can miss, that a fresh pair of eyes can spot in a sec.

And don't give up! Op-amps are just the beginning of a great hobby

:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.