47labs Gaincard: new circuit. More info available?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Gaincard with new circuit topology

Junji Kimura delivers again! He came to a new circuit topology of Gaincard which resulted in even more open sound with a touch of sweetness in it. The new orders are all delivered with the new circuitry.

We offer the modification for those who already have the old version Gaincard for $200 + shipping. Please contact SAKURA SYSTEMS for details.

... copied from the www.sakurasystems.com site.

I could not find some info, up to now, what the changes are.

Snubber?

T-network is not very likely, as the Gaincard is noninverted and nonbuffered.

Franz

Well, if it says topology, that would imply more than removing a couple of components.
Of course, what they imply and what is real are two different things. Maybe they changed the brand of bypass caps or something.
$200 to tell you how to remove the Zobel?

They've probably got their hands on some nice blackgate capacitors and caddok resistors used them instead.

You guys don't accually think they made some minorchanges just to get more money out of the consumers??????:bigeyes:

:D
anyway, since i'm posting so:
whats the difference between mkp-branded capacitors and mpt-branded?

Well, I have a real Gaincard and for a second I thought "maybe I'll send it in for an upgrade. It would be cool to have an improved Gaincard."

Then I realized I could get one of Brian's and Peter's LM3886 kits for a lot less money. Or I could start building one of LM3875 kits that I already have.That makes more sense to me.

Boy, are we spoiled for price/performance since the whole Gainclone movement started. It's great!

Still, for all the griping about the Gaincard's insides I still really like it. I llike the way it looks, I like the way it sounds - I've been very happy with it (...don't like the price, though :D ).

I just think it's great that through Brian's, Peter's, and everyone else's efforts we're able to get these great affordable kits. Really makes my day!

Thanks!
KT

homer09 said:
I would love to here about a direct comparison between your stock Gaincard and a BrianGT kit gainclone.

Alas, I have not completed my Brain GT kit, so I cannot make a direct comparison. I got as far as soldering all of the parts onto the boards, but I've been too busy to buy the transformer and make the chassis.

Also, I've been listening to one of those digital amps for a little while and I'm trying to cut back on the building/modding, so I don't know when I get back to it.

I'll let you know when I compare them, though.

Best,
KT

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.