pwer supply for cip amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i have to ask a very important question. i have a +-41VDC power supply on hand its the only one i got that is already in DC volts the maximum rating for supply for the chips i am using (opa541) is +-40VDC. i dont want to ruin any chips so i was wanting to know if there is a way i could get rid of a few volts without doing any unwinding of the transformer.

odysseybmx414 said:
i have to ask a very important question. i have a +-41VDC power supply on hand its the only one i got that is already in DC volts the maximum rating for supply for the chips i am using (opa541) is +-40VDC. i dont want to ruin any chips so i was wanting to know if there is a way i could get rid of a few volts without doing any unwinding of the transformer.

There are quite a few ways to drop a few volts. You coud use a pair of regulators and drop the voltage into a more suitable range, or even add a few diodes in series on each rail to keep the voltage down just a bit. Personally I'd go for the regulated approach, but thats entirely up to you. :)

odysseybmx414 said:

If you don't want to unwind, then wind some thick, isolated wire on the opposite direction.:idea:
Voltage goes down.
Just a few turns is usually enough to drop some volts.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.