What's nicer than a TL062?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a bass (guitar) with an active circuit. In fact it uses 4 TL062 SOICs. Is there a nicer JFET Op amp that I could use? Its battery powered so I can't go thowing power at it.
I've down loaded the data sheet but to be honest I could compare it to other amps but I don't know the most important perameters.

Attachments

• active trb1of2.jpg
    active trb1of2.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 592
Yes, in fact me too have replaced a TL072 in a guitar preamp, and it's not so easy to obtain good quality without big power consumption (maybe that's related to transistors operating point a bit hotter to reduce distortion). I've tried NE5532 (little better sound, little more power), TL082 (bigger change in noise, power like TL062), and LF353 (I don't remember the number, that was very hi-fi sound and big power draw). At the end we stuck an old 741 in it and the guy liked it so much that he could ignore the big hiss. It was even microphonic... Don't know how this can happen (I've made pretty good joints) but the chip itself was microphonic. Not related to capacitors/resistors/other things...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.