amp suggestion or tips

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i have recently salvaged a transformer that has secondaries of 32-0-32 and also 9-0-9 volts i was thinking of an amp like a simple stereo chipamp like the lm4780 for the 32-0-32 volts and something like a tone level control type thing for the 9-0-9 volts. does anybody think this would work out well or does anybody have any better suggestions or any tips? i havent measured the amperage the tranny puts out yet but i will get too that i might say it is a beast tho it is huge. i am planning on using 2 6800uf caps in parallel with the trannys 32-0-32 secondaries to stabilize the voltage.

That transformer's voltage rating might be too high for the lm4780 or any National chip for that matter. After rectification you are looking at over +/- 42 volts which is the maximum voltage for this chip. I don't know if any of the National chips can handle that voltage. Before you proceed you might want to wait until someone says they had success running a powersupply with that voltage, otherwise you might Smoke some chips.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.