What is better -> Buffer or simple pre

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks for reply but, pardon me, I did not understand your reply :) English not my first language.

Must I use single buffer (OPA627 without gain) or may I use simple pre (OPA627 x 2 or 3 gain without BUF) to feed my LM's (parallel chip) and why you said so ?.

Thanks for your explanation.

Most regards

A buffer is usually used very close to the amp and possibly with a low pass filter between it and the amp.

A preamp may use the same circuit but is separate to the power amp and used to drive the interconnects that join the two, or provide some extra gain.

What's best? It depends on your system and how it is configured. For simplicity, ie a single 'box' and fewer connections, putting the volume control and buffer in the same box as the power amp is a good idea.

But you may wish to put your power amps right next to the speakers. In that case, a separate preamp is preferable. ;)

Friends,

Now I know, we have so many buffer/s .....

Power supply -> non regulated 10000uf, 0.1uf, 1ohm+0.1 uf and 100uf+0.1uf on chip.

Err, I am talking about Pavel Macura cct. I have build them. OPA/BUF634, +200pf feedback from output to -ve input. Gain is set about 3x to power 3875. (DC offset super low - no issue).

Now I wish to build 4780 parallel. Should I use back this board or should I build single OPA627 with no gain.

My problem :) I have 2 opa627 only. Too expensive for me.

most regards,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.