INDIA--PCB source

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2002
Paid Member
You waited 9 months?

Did you get the PCBs?

Anyway most custom PCB makers would be glad to do the PCBs for you, they're quite simple to design and print. 3886 is available from a lot of kit guys (I bought mine from Peter, I think the higher price is OK as the quality is simple superb). 3876 Should be doable on P2P, so should OPA549T and 3886. You don't really need a PCB...

Sashi told bout a good method that he uses.
he goes to those wedding cards wala with the laser print of the copper traces.they transfer the pattern on to the copper side of pcb with their ink that is not affected by Fecl3.
he told that it can e done for Rs 40 for 20 to 30 pcbs.isnt it good and cheap?i havent tried it myself.

but if u want to get pcbs made contact

Amar electronics
432,lajpat rai mkt
delhi-110006
ph 23868515,23864881
fax 27454461

he MIGHT help u.

i have not used ferric chloride yet as i got 1Kg of potassium perchlorate in a pcb makeing kit i bought, not sure if it is any better than ferric chloride but it deffinatley does the job and i ahve not had ANY problems with it, wear latex gloves so i dont get it on my hands and saftey glasses so i dont accidentally splash it in my eyes, have heard ferric chloride stains really dadly which i havent experienced with potassium perchlorate.
Owen

Joined 2002
Paid Member
PTH PCBs in India, cheaply? Forget it. For small order runs they will cost you an arm and a leg. It's a better idea to order from people who already make the kits/PCBs. 3886 and 3875 are readily available from audiosector (yes, they're PTH double-sided boards). 549 you don't even need a PCB. As a matter of fact for any of the above amps you don't actually need a PCB as the parts count is very low. I've built a P2P of an LM4766 stereo amp, the pin count is twice as dense as a 3875/3886/549 as it is a stereo amp in the same footprint as the above mono chips. It's not difficult if you get the hang of it.

ME in this hobby since '80....have lost expensive devices with their pins/leads broken in p2p fashion...copper leads break easily when oxidised with age...Anyway i hate such lazy assembling techs..
Anyway sagarverma thanks for ur valuable coments...
wILL TRY THIS WEDDING CARD wALLA pcb'S..PLS WATCH THIS POST...
REGARDS
Sivanand

sivan_and said:

wILL TRY THIS WEDDING CARD wALLA pcb'S..PLS WATCH THIS POST...
REGARDS
Sivanand

**************lemme share what I do for my PCB's.I don't do the toner transfer myself.Instead,I take a printout of the PCB layout on translucent (tracing?) paper with a laser printer and give it to those screen-printing guys (those wedding-card printing fellas) along with the appropriate sized copper board.They make the 'screen' and do the transfer on the board after which it's jujst a matter of etching in FeCl3 and drilling(me uses a small manual pcb drilling hand tool).They charge Rs40/- for any no. of boards from one to 20.

u liked wedding cardWALA idea.:)the text in * is what Sashi wrote.hope it helps.
I will be watching this post keenly.;)

For bulk PCB's the best way is to get it screen printed (I assume this is what sagarverma mentioned). Long time back while doing our engineering final year project we went to a guy to design PCB who said he can fabricate (without the designing) 20 odd PCB's (Including Top layer print - component layout) for Rs 200/. This was about 3 years back. But i think you can still find places which does this.

Venki.

oops....

Sorry forgot to mention the size, no of PCB's depends on the size of the layout ie, maximum PCB's out of a standard Copper Clad board (i dont know the exact size though) :D . For our project we needed small PCB may be around 8 cm * 5cm. By the way this is for bulk orders because once they transfer the layout onto a special paper (I forgot the name) they stick it onto the silkscreen, you can transfer the print as many times as you want, only cost is for the ink. It is just like printing pamphlets only difference being the ink.

By the way the place is Kerala (ernakulam).

Ps: this is for single Side boards.

(Sorry for misleading you guys (I mean if i did :( ))
Venki.:D

PCB costs are broken up into ( fixed ) photographic charges and actual board charges. Photographic charges start from about Rs300 to Rs400 upward depending on board size. At Rs300 you could get a board smaller than 6x4 inches ( film only ). You only supply a good laser print of the board design .

The board itself starts at about Rs3 per sq cm for single side glass epoxy 70 micron copper. No text printing and board quality is unknown. Copper peel strength is , in my opinion , pretty low.
Drilling of a few holes might be lopsided !

Double side PTH is four times more expensive.
You can get one off boards or multiple boards. Maybe they are forced to use better quality boards !

However if you want international standard boards with clean etching and no flaws , printing and solder mask etc. the prices are much higher. Bigger companies with great board finish will not entertain DIY types -- unless you know the owner ! At these prices it probably would be almost equivalent to buying abroad but saving on shipping ! Remember that everything that makes the board and the bare board itself is imported.
Prices will vary a bit in different parts of the country.

All a matter of how much you want to spend.
Cheers.

Dont remember the name of the person, but i will try to find out from my friends:angel: Meanwhile i think you can get one vendor shop's address (another one) from the Yellow pages (EKM specific) in the directory. I will check if i can find this also. The problem is I no longer stay in Ernakulam. The guy who designs the PCB's stayed at thripunithura (not sure where he stays now:confused: ). But let try to find out.

PS: Sorry for posting a kerala specific mail:smash: .

Venki.:D

ashok said:
PCB costs are broken up into ( fixed ) photographic charges and actual board charges. Photographic charges start from about Rs300 to Rs400 upward depending on board size. At Rs300 you could get a board smaller than 6x4 inches ( film only ). You only supply a good laser print of the board design .

The board itself starts at about Rs3 per sq cm for single side glass epoxy 70 micron copper. No text printing and board quality is unknown. Copper peel strength is , in my opinion , pretty low.
Drilling of a few holes might be lopsided !

Double side PTH is four times more expensive.
You can get one off boards or multiple boards. Maybe they are forced to use better quality boards !

However if you want international standard boards with clean etching and no flaws , printing and solder mask etc. the prices are much higher. Bigger companies with great board finish will not entertain DIY types -- unless you know the owner ! At these prices it probably would be almost equivalent to buying abroad but saving on shipping ! Remember that everything that makes the board and the bare board itself is imported.
Prices will vary a bit in different parts of the country.

All a matter of how much you want to spend.
Cheers.

so costly.
certainly not man.
a friend of mine got his pcb constructed(his project used 3 microcontrollers).
rates were as follows:
Rs 25 per sq inch(without overlay,tinning,masking and but glass epoxy board is used)
Rs 50 per sq inch(with everything,very very nice looking pcb,beautiful,great quality).

he went for former.:)
and that is for a single pcb.imagine how low the cost can go for bulk orders.

Sagar

Rs25 per sq inch is roughly Rs4 per sq cm. That's more than I mentioned ! So why did you think the rates I mentioned were more expensive ?
From small companies I think the rate between small orders and larger orders is not huge. The photographic cost get spread around for more boards. On large boards this is not too significant compared to raw material cost.

"....Rs 3 per sq cm is for bareboard...."

You understood wrong. That price is for making a board. All you give is a Xerox copy of the board layout -- 1:1 copy. You get an etched board , drilled and roller coated with solder.

Don't forget the photographic charges in addition to board cost.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.