INDIA--PCB source - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th January 2006, 04:54 PM   #11
venki is offline venki  India
diyAudio Member

For bulk PCB's the best way is to get it screen printed (I assume this is what sagarverma mentioned). Long time back while doing our engineering final year project we went to a guy to design PCB who said he can fabricate (without the designing) 20 odd PCB's (Including Top layer print - component layout) for Rs 200/. This was about 3 years back. But i think you can still find places which does this.

Venki.
Old 13th January 2006, 05:00 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by venki
20 odd PCB's (Including Top layer print - component layout) for Rs 200/. This was about 3 years back. But i think you can still find places which does this.

Venki.

is it really so cheap?where is it in India?location please?
Old 13th January 2006, 05:18 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

oops....

Sorry forgot to mention the size, no of PCB's depends on the size of the layout ie, maximum PCB's out of a standard Copper Clad board (i dont know the exact size though) . For our project we needed small PCB may be around 8 cm * 5cm. By the way this is for bulk orders because once they transfer the layout onto a special paper (I forgot the name) they stick it onto the silkscreen, you can transfer the print as many times as you want, only cost is for the ink. It is just like printing pamphlets only difference being the ink.

By the way the place is Kerala (ernakulam).

Ps: this is for single Side boards.

(Sorry for misleading you guys (I mean if i did ))
Venki.
Old 13th January 2006, 05:43 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

PCB costs are broken up into ( fixed ) photographic charges and actual board charges. Photographic charges start from about Rs300 to Rs400 upward depending on board size. At Rs300 you could get a board smaller than 6x4 inches ( film only ). You only supply a good laser print of the board design .

The board itself starts at about Rs3 per sq cm for single side glass epoxy 70 micron copper. No text printing and board quality is unknown. Copper peel strength is , in my opinion , pretty low.
Drilling of a few holes might be lopsided !

Double side PTH is four times more expensive.
You can get one off boards or multiple boards. Maybe they are forced to use better quality boards !

However if you want international standard boards with clean etching and no flaws , printing and solder mask etc. the prices are much higher. Bigger companies with great board finish will not entertain DIY types -- unless you know the owner ! At these prices it probably would be almost equivalent to buying abroad but saving on shipping ! Remember that everything that makes the board and the bare board itself is imported.
Prices will vary a bit in different parts of the country.

All a matter of how much you want to spend.
Cheers.
Old 14th January 2006, 03:02 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to sivan_and
Venki wrote :
Quote:
By the way the place is Kerala (ernakulam).
Me around 200 Kms from Ernakulam..Any idea abt person/ shop ? etc would be welcome.....
Old 14th January 2006, 05:17 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Dont remember the name of the person, but i will try to find out from my friends Meanwhile i think you can get one vendor shop's address (another one) from the Yellow pages (EKM specific) in the directory. I will check if i can find this also. The problem is I no longer stay in Ernakulam. The guy who designs the PCB's stayed at thripunithura (not sure where he stays now ). But let try to find out.

PS: Sorry for posting a kerala specific mail .

Venki.
Old 14th January 2006, 05:31 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ashok
PCB costs are broken up into ( fixed ) photographic charges and actual board charges. Photographic charges start from about Rs300 to Rs400 upward depending on board size. At Rs300 you could get a board smaller than 6x4 inches ( film only ). You only supply a good laser print of the board design .

The board itself starts at about Rs3 per sq cm for single side glass epoxy 70 micron copper. No text printing and board quality is unknown. Copper peel strength is , in my opinion , pretty low.
Drilling of a few holes might be lopsided !

Double side PTH is four times more expensive.
You can get one off boards or multiple boards. Maybe they are forced to use better quality boards !

However if you want international standard boards with clean etching and no flaws , printing and solder mask etc. the prices are much higher. Bigger companies with great board finish will not entertain DIY types -- unless you know the owner ! At these prices it probably would be almost equivalent to buying abroad but saving on shipping ! Remember that everything that makes the board and the bare board itself is imported.
Prices will vary a bit in different parts of the country.

All a matter of how much you want to spend.
Cheers.

so costly.
certainly not man.
a friend of mine got his pcb constructed(his project used 3 microcontrollers).
rates were as follows:
Rs 25 per sq inch(without overlay,tinning,masking and but glass epoxy board is used)
Rs 50 per sq inch(with everything,very very nice looking pcb,beautiful,great quality).

he went for former.
and that is for a single pcb.imagine how low the cost can go for bulk orders.

Sagar
Old 14th January 2006, 05:59 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Rs25 per sq inch is roughly Rs4 per sq cm. That's more than I mentioned ! So why did you think the rates I mentioned were more expensive ?
From small companies I think the rate between small orders and larger orders is not huge. The photographic cost get spread around for more boards. On large boards this is not too significant compared to raw material cost.
Old 14th January 2006, 07:24 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

Quote:
The board itself starts at about Rs3 per sq cm for single side glass epoxy 70 micron copper.
hi Ashok,

the cost u mentioned as Rs 3 per sq cm is for bareboard.your qouted statement tells so.

while i m talking bout fully prepared board,i.e developed and etched i.e pcb circuit board prepared for your circuit at Rs 4 per sq cm.
Old 15th January 2006, 02:50 AM   #20
diyAudio Member

"....Rs 3 per sq cm is for bareboard...."

You understood wrong. That price is for making a board. All you give is a Xerox copy of the board layout -- 1:1 copy. You get an etched board , drilled and roller coated with solder.

Don't forget the photographic charges in addition to board cost.

Hide this!Advertise here!