Transformer wires too small?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have an Avel Lindberg transformer. The secondary wiring appears to be at most 22 gauge. My BrianGT kit, the secondary input holes looks like 16 gauge, while the output is probably 18/20.

Can anyone recommend the best method to junction the 22gauge to 16? Or, just general tips to wiring between the trans/rect rect/amps?

I'm considering using f-connectors (compression) and terminal blocks, but, I'm concerned that even done properly, will be inferior to soldering all the connections.

Thanks in advance.

What's the VA rating of your transformer? The wire gauge is big enough to support whatever it is rated for. Transitioning to large wire will gain you nothing (for the short runs in question anyway).

If the transformer is appropriate in size for the amp (VA rating), and you feel the wire is too small in the board holes, try folding the wire end over to make it twice as wide. If that's too wide, then don't fold it and use more solder.

Terminal blocks should be fine.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.