Blow up once, Blow up twice and Blow up somemore

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I blowed Caps, blowned diodes, and broke the copper on PCB. Finally, I blow up the LM3875.....

I finally got my 25V+25V PS fix.... it actrually come out to be 38.3-.7 +/-

Before I put the PS back together, I was using a stable 12V supply to run the amp section, No Problem.

Later I fixed the 25V+25V PS and connected to the Amp section, and the chip blow as soon as I turn on the power.

After the Chip blow, the PS still fine and getting the same reading.

Then I wonder can I connect PG+/- together from the amp section then out to a cable to the rectifer board? Because it is connect together in amp section anyway.

*********PG+ ---*****************-----PG-*************
Amp section******\ One Power cable /********Rectifer board
***************/-----------------\*******************
*********PG- ---*****************-----PG+*************

* = empty spaces

The problem is my amp section.... 3:45am... I need to sleep now. Continue tomorrow. Pictures tomorrow too.:xeye:

Left Channel Blown Chip
PICT3831.jpg

Left Channel Full View
PICT3834.jpg

Right Channel Blown Chip
PICT3838.jpg

Right Channel Full View
PICT3839.jpg

THE PROBLEM
PICT3843.jpg

PICT3844.jpg

The wire on the paper suppose to be V- but I put V+ there.....

I have a question. How come I use the a electric meter to test the connectitive. The meter beep when I connect everthing together while I put the niddle to V+ and V-? If I test The Power Supply allone, the meter won't beep. Is it the blown chip bridge or it is suppose to be like that? Also should I replace ever compounet or I just change the chip?

Old curmudgeon carpenter sez.......

"Measure thrice, cut once!"

Having let the smoke out more than once over the years myself, I finally started triple-checking before I turned on the juice. Nothing like having a PS capacitor pop right in your face though. Smells like victory!

:D

speaker

Is time for some pron of my amp !

PICT3897.jpg

PICT3890.jpg

PICT3889.jpg

PICT3887.jpg

SoloC's Brain board Amp intergrated into this room.

PICT3900.jpg

The table when I was working on the amp

PICT3851.jpg

And After

PICT3905.jpg

This is one hell of a battle for me.... the original case become only a power supply box which I spent about 100 on it while I was building in last summer....... After many faliure...... I give up the box and now I got the amp sections to two seperate box. Life is so much easier now. Thx everyone ! Sound is prefect here.

P.S: Some more pictures here !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.