Brian GT's LM4780 PCB layout

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok, so here's the story:

over the weekend I spent many hours trying to implement Brian's schematic for the LM4780 onto a PCB.

It is a very tedious & frustrating process. :xeye:

BrianGT, is it possible to make this PCB available in a pdf as you have done so many times in the past.

I know PD said that he had it somewhere in his files, and it wasn't in a pdf format, but I would really appreciate it if you guys could make this available.

Thanks! :angel:

I spent a few hours myself converting the PDF version into an Eagle file, I'd share it but I really dont feel that would be ethical, or fair to Brian and the rest of the group responsible for it's design. As Peranders suggested, if you do them yourself you won't have plated through holes...unless your PCB making skills are better than mine, anyway that problem can be solved by placing a few vias next to a few pins, and soldering a pice of wire between them. I have also seen small gromets that are available to make plated vias, but have not tried them myself. I was also wondering if one could use a conductive pen to fill the through holes :confused:

Anyway if you search through the original thread you will find the PCB files in PDF format, as well as several good screenshots than can be used to make your own.

Good Luck! :D

Why would I need plated through holes?

If you solder the component from both sides of the board isn't it the same?

Also, Gcollier, I think you are referring to the schematic pdf which has the initial design without the MUTE & Zobel.

I already have that one.

I mean, no big deal, I just thought that since the design of the PCB was discussed and created in these forums, we would have at least have access to a pdf, i'm not asking for the gerbers now, am I?

D_GR8_1 said:
Why would I need plated through holes?

If you solder the component from both sides of the board isn't it the same?

Hmmm...have you looked at the pin spacing on the LM4780...how do you intend to solder the pins on the topside of the PCB that are below the chip (the back row). If you find a way let me know and I can do away with a few vias.
:D

Good luck with the project!

It seems we are talking about different things here:

Peter/Brian you guys are referring to a photosensitive transfer method.

I am referring to a Press-N-Peel transfer method.

That is why we are getting confused.

On paper once you print it, and place it on the PCB the layout gets reversed. That is what I mean by mirroring the image before printing.

Just to get things clear, what I see on the PCB is what you actually see when looking at the boards from TOP & BOTTOM, right?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.