36 V DC offset when source connected

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
revell said:
when no source is connected I have 54 mV dc offset on my GT kit when I connect a source (DVD player) the offset jumps to 36 volts

anyone who knows what to do?

36V?:hot:
Did you check the polarity of the PSU caps?
BTW what trafo are you using?

PS: without an input resistor to ground, DC would be high with no source connected, so I suppose you have that resistor. But did you install the right resistors on the right places?:hot:

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Re: Re: 36 V DC offset when source connected

carlosfm said:

36V?:hot:
Did you check the polarity of the PSU caps?
BTW what trafo are you using?

PS: without an input resistor to ground, DC would be high with no source connected, so I suppose you have that resistor. But did you install the right resistors on the right places?:hot:

Carlos,

The cap polarity and type of transformer has nothing to do with his DC problem, I'm sure you know that.

He has no problems with another source, that is the giveaway. Apparently, he cannot focus on this particular problem, because now it's all about hum.....

Jan Didden

Re: Re: Re: 36 V DC offset when source connected

janneman said:
Carlos,

The cap polarity and type of transformer has nothing to do with his DC problem, I'm sure you know that.

He has no problems with another source, that is the giveaway. Apparently, he cannot focus on this particular problem, because now it's all about hum.....

Jan Didden

:D
The problem with the caps may appear under heavy load... but yes, it's not likely to be the problem.
What kind of DC-offset has the problematic "source"?
More than 1V?:hot:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.