noise problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've just built a power amplifier with tda 7294 and tda 1524.
The case for the amplifier does not include the power supply . Here's my problem:the amplifier section is very quiet but when i connect the preamp section it gets noisy.Don't know how to say in english: it's a "sssssssssssssssss" noise, not very powerfull but disturbing. When i connect a cd plyer (napa 311 mp3 player-with batteries) this noisy sound gets amplified the moment i raise the volume from approx.30 % up. Just don't know how to fix this.
HELP! Anyone...

I've connected my amp to the pc.It sounds great.The fuss is still here but it doesn't increase any more when i turn up the volume.U were right: it seems the cd-player is the problem.But with another amp this noise is not present anymore.Impedance mismatch? I will ceck the grounding too.Anyone experienced tda1524? How does it sounds?
Don't have pics with my amplifier but i'll try to post some as soon as posible. It looks great and it's small due to the lack of the power suply(this one is in another case).Kind of strange isn't it?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.