My daughter LM3886 & LM1036 Amp is finished !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Also wondering about the tone controls, can you post a schematic?

Shematic used is from the National datasheet for the LM1036

http://www.national.com/pf/LM/LM1036.html

How does it sound? Do you like the snubber?

The snubber is a 0.1uF across every diode, didn't try Carlos
(tm) snubber yet. I used standard parts, and the quality is much better then commercial amps which would cost the same or more.

The whole build was something like 75 Eur, but I got the transformers cheap, only 7.5 Eur a piece (24V 80VA).
Case and heatsink I got nearly for free from a local scapyard.

can she move it?

Barely, she is 8 years old. But she knows how to operate it, especially the Volume... :smash:

GeWa said:
You're a COOL dad.:D

I absolutely, positively second that!!

Giving children the means to appreciate music is the best thing!

My only comment about the amp, and it is MINOR, is why was the volume put in between the tone controls?

Why not in a logical order Bass, Treb, Bal then Vol or the other way around?

I will build one for my 9 and 7 yr old... As of now they each have crappy portable(boombox) players that they listen to EVERY night as they read before bed.

uvodee said:
i noticed you have a link to futurlec.
How is your experience with this bizz?

I know that this was not directed to me, but I have some experience with them. The first time I ordered, everything was fine. The second time, I ordered a multimeter. They sent me the wrong model, plus it didn't work. They sent me a replacement, which still wasn't the one that was advertised on the website. I ended up sending both of them back. The last time I ordered from there, I got an email that the order was being packaged. I waited for a month, and got nothing. I had an order number, but it wasn't in their database (tried to check status on web site). I kept emailing them, and found out that they were missing some part (remember that this was a month later). And this is what I get from them:
Dear Sir,
Please let us know again, the total these parts are 13 pieces or not.

Best Regards
Amp
Sales Assistant
www.futurlec.com

After a month, they didn't even know what I ordered!!:hot:

I paid with a credit card, and they charged me about 20 cents extra (this was a year ago, so I don't remember exactly, and I don't feel like looking it up). A week or two later, they charge $0.66 to the card for no reason. It took about 10 emails to finally get them to respond, refund the money, and to find out why they charged it. 66 cents is nothing, but since they screwed up that much, I had no reason not to complain.

Dear Sir,
In regard to the difference with the amounts, this is due to exchange rate movements between the time of your order and when it was processed by the bank.

Best Regards
Amp
Sales Assistant
www.futurlec.com

All the prices on their web site were in U.S. dollars, and they tried to give me some crap about exchange rates. They refunded the 66 cents, and I never bought from them again.

I placed in total 20 orders with Futurlec, 2 of them being PCB fabrication. Orders went smooth, when some parts were missing I received them with no additional cost.

Only issue I have is the webcontrol board, information on the Futurlec website is misleading. I know from someone who ordered this board a few months after me , he got a CD with even less documentation / programs. Of course I have sent him a copy of my disc. :) This board is originally made by ETT which didn't even bother to answer my emails.

Next time I go for a holiday in Thailand I'm going to visit both Futurlec & ETT. ;)

thanks..

went to your website Roland,

took the layout, and copied it slightly adjusted .....

I was thinking of finishing it today but i forgot to order the .39 uf caps

I have all the other stuff including ppots etc....

by the way, the psu I am using (toroid form allelectronic) has approc 13.5 volts dc and 1.05 A
do you think it will hold out?

Attachments

• img_0024.jpg
    img_0024.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 576
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.