ultimate pre amp 113db S/N and distortion s almost 0. Is it better than Krell preamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Unless you are an experienced designer, I do not suggest spending north of $300 per tweeter, especially when the R2904/700000 is somewhat controversial in terms of sound quality. I think I recall a number of people saying that some of the cheaper, more conventional silk domes from Scan were preferred.

At any rate, you could build any number of high end systems for the cost of one of those tweeters alone! ;)

diysmartdeep21 said:
Creative AUDIGY 4 PRO sound card with 113db SNR and i think this is the best preamp than any other.... like Bryston or Krell or what ever it may be....

well what is the diff between the above sound card and the Bryston or Krell pre amps... what is the quality difference..?

WOW!!!
audigy sounds like crap... no matter, 1, 2 or 4 regardless of zs, extra-terrestrial, -199dB etc.
have you even compared any of the audigy cards to some decent sound cards out there? Lynx2, m-audiopro line, some others come to mind...

Actually, we expected that the Audigy2 would sound better because its Audigy2 DACs have better specs. But the Revolution 7.1 showed a little advantage! Its sound was a bit more detailed and richer. However, you will hardly notice any difference on the acoustic systems up to $500. Secondly, with the SSRC plugin used in the Audigy2 the difference is vanishingly small, and it disappears at all if you listen the other card in 30 seconds.
www.digit-life.com
one of the decent sites that don't just post screenshots/package fotos

As about the -115.... WOW... I can't see it, neither did I hear it...
http://www.extremetech.com/print_article2/0,2533,a=139685,00.asp

IMD at 10 kHz, %: 3.459
sure, the best preamp ever...

demogorgon said:

hey

cant remember wich one of them i use, but i think i'm using 96k atm..
I'l try some different settings when i get home.

-marius

Yeah, 96KHz is fine too (Audigy2/4 can output 96KHz without resampling). For some reason the 48KHz option is always recommended, might have something to do with the DSP effects the drivers provide which will work only at 16b/48KHz (switching off should help).

breez said:
Yeah, 96KHz is fine too (Audigy2/4 can output 96KHz without resampling). For some reason the 48KHz option is always recommended, might have something to do with the DSP effects the drivers provide which will work only at 16b/48KHz (switching off should help).

Or could it be that the dac chip doesn't allow 96khz and the DSP downsamples to 48khz?:dead:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.