ultimate pre amp 113db S/N and distortion s almost 0. Is it better than Krell preamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
well the only prob with creative EMU cards are their freq range is limited like 20Hz to 20kHz so as the

creative AUDIGY 4 PRO goes beyond the 40khz ...

actually im planning to go for the SCANSPEAK RING RADIATOR with Phase plug.....( which crosses over 100kHz) and this spec makes the SACD and DVD audio to be perfect...

so i am in search of amp which uses this 100khz range...

The difference between consumer and high end is the headroom.

That Audigy is likely running 1V P-P for the input and output signals while high end is much higher, sometimes >6V P-P or +18dB over 1V.

That why the +4/-10 switch on so many pro and high end units that play well with consumer equipment.

:)ensen.

The real problem is that you can never trust their specs. If they say 113dB, I would be happy to get 103dB. And that is with a digital input.

I am not familiar with the Audigy 4, but I know earlier Audigy products used wonderful techniques like resampling everything to 48kHz (badly), digital volume control, cheap opamps, lots of electrolytic coupling caps, etc.

but the only problem with the EMU Cards are the frequency range its like 20 to 20k where as the audigy 4 pro is about 40k which is very nice to DVD AUDIO.....

actually I want to use with the SCANSPEAK Ring radiator with phase plug tweeters and im in search of such pc cards...which suit my application....

Like my expected config is

1. seven Scan speak ring radiator 7xxxxx series and Revelator 7 inch mid bass for my total 7.1 surround and with a VELODYNE DD18 for my Bass. Where as the surrounds use the Rotel RMB 1048 .>>>>8 channel amplifier what do u suggest...

I am expecting the AUDIGY 4 pro which uses the true potential of those speakers.....coz.... I need to play games, movies and music with perfect sound...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.