Nice polish Gainclone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Howcome it resembles BrianGT's pcb so much ?

Thanks for the link, Per.
It looked like it had a couple of interesting postings there, maybe the ones who track something worthwhile there can link to it on this thread.
Hopefully the ones with a decent knowledge of Polish, i only get 15 percent of it but can have my Polish uncle translate it for me.

Hello

Those GC boards was made for Audiostereo Forum. It is basic configuration of LM3875 chip with input (C1) and feedback (C2) caps. It is similar to Peter Daniel GC, but I think this is the optimal routing and components placement for such easy module :) There is everything OK with grounding scheme on the PSU :)
Closer look on the pictures bellow.

There are two types of those board: normal and gold plated. Second one looks very good ;)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

jacco vermeulen said:
Howcome it resembles BrianGT's pcb so much ?

A line from a movie 'Snatch' comes to mind:

Q: What's inside a car?

A: A wheel and four seats. ;)

Besides having a chip in the middle and 2 caps on the sides, I don't see much resemblance with the other boards.

In some ways the layout is quite innovative and has certain advantages over the boards sold by Brian and me. I would still like to see improvement in resistors placement, but it just me. And why I don't see Zobel there? ;)

All I can say that I saw PD board but only on pictures – no dimensions were included.
Coincidence in components placement and routing is just natural way of making this easy application of lm3875. So its hard to do this in 100% “my way”. I would like to see pcb for this application done DIFFER ;)

And why I don't see Zobel there?

There wasn’t enough place for Zobel in tight budget ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.