Using 2 chips to boost voltage handling

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
demogorgon said:
how about runing one chip on +60v and a nother at -60v, and running them as bridged?

just a quick thought from the top of my head..

not bridged, parallel... I had an idea like this more than once. Probably need diodes in the output of each amp to prevent them from driving eachother... also would have to deal with crossover distortion.

azira said:

not bridged, parallel... I had an idea like this more than once. Probably need diodes in the output of each amp to prevent them from driving eachother... also would have to deal with crossover distortion.

As Loong said: you can see the AN-1192 App Note for some detail.

It has been discussed, builded and tested through people from this forum...and...you can find AN-1192 at the website of national, I think it is www.national.com

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
I don't know exactly what you looking for.

My friend made a brdiged amp using the DRV134 (as the diff driver) to drive 2 op amps (OPA54x) with very compact PCB, it produces very good result. With direct drive by the NAD521i and our taste, it clearly beats the NAD 320BEE.

i think it was something like this: sorry about the schematic i don't have schematic programs installed on this computer. would this work?

Attachments

• untitled.gif
    untitled.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 180
This kind of what you were thinking soundNERD? I scribbled this down a while ago, still a lot of hurdles to clear before it'd be a usable idea though..

good part is that the chip wouldn't have to swing rail to rail, infact only being able to get within .7V of the rail would be ideal.

edit: I remember now, after posting why I scrapped this idea... diodes still don't isolate the outputs from driving eachother... damn...

Attachments

• pnidea.jpg
    pnidea.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 160
soundNERD said:
i think it was something like this: sorry about the schematic i don't have schematic programs installed on this computer. would this work?

Sound heard if this is built.

BANG! Whats that smell?

Source of smell, Speaker, smoke from chip amps, any resistors connected to the circuit, power supply transformer if your not fast or the fuse didn't save you.

This is a bad idea, sorry.

BZ

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.